Thursday, August 6, 2009

Once upon a time in a town called Rüst...

Pardon my lack of posting, if anyone out there in the great wide inter-web has noticed a complete halt of posting. The summer has swept me away - far far away from dependable internet connections.

While I've been trekkin' around - I came across a little slice of wonder I wanted to share. The charming town of Rüst in Austria looks like every other little town - cobblestone streets, brightly colored houses, but all it takes is a quick glance up and something strange catches your eye....GIANT STORK NESTS! The skyline is filled with these huge silhouettes of bulky nests, with these large graceful birds poking out.

They fly Africa every summer and nest in Rüst - so if you ever find yourself meandering through Austria, check out this little gem.



No comments: